This course deals with estimation of water quality and water quantity for protected water supply systems, operation and design principles of surface water and ground water treatment, and design and analysis of water distribution system. At the end of the course the student is expected to familiarize with water treatment and water supply.
You can watch course introductory video here.
At the end of the course, you are expected to be able to:
Define water characteristics and water quality standards for drinking water as per,- IS:10500
Describe the design principles in water supply systems and treatment processes
- Design conventional and advanced water treatment processes
1. Santhosh Kumar Garg, Environmental Engineering Vol.I, Khanna publishers,21st edition, 2012
2. Howard S. Peavy, Environmental Engineering, Mc Graw-Hill International editions,1985 Metcalf &Eddy,
1. G.S. Birdi, Dhanpat Rai, Water supply and sanitary Engineering, Dhanpat Rai& Sons Publishers
2. Santhosh Kumar Garg, Environmental Engineering Vol.II, Khanna publishers,24th edition, 2012
You can download syllabus from here
Mrs. Shemeera K.H
Email: shemeera@rguktn. ac.in
Contact : 8466856737
Contact hours over phone : 9.00 AM to 7PM
Shahanaz,Tejaswy,Santosh, Vishwaroopa Chary,Kartik, Jagadesh, Gopichand Nayak (E3 students)